Thursday, April 2, 2009

Update time!






For anyone who is interested i had another studio shoot last night with Kirsty a Belly Dancer, thanks to Ash.P :) She was lovely and wow were her costumes amazing! I only had an hour roughly to shoot, and it was late at night and i don't work well after 7pm, so my results im not too sure about. I haven't really had time to look at them propperly yet or edit them, so that will be my next mission! Im hoping one of the will work.. Fingers crossed.

I did another shoot for location today with my Hip Hop dancer and teacher Will! He was the best model/dancer i have had so far, He was great to work with!

We ended up not using the skate park in civic becuase it was overcast and gross, so we decided to go for a more moody feel and use a alley way in Manuka. I feel this worked much better. Same with the indoor, i shot it in an underground car park in Manuka which was pretty dirty and great for the shoot!

Then we went to the lake and did some shots near where the flags and questacon. They were pretty cool i thought.

I dont think that i can use these shots for my portfolio some because they arent 'dancing' and they need to be dancing. But i have some cool dancing ones. I just liked these ones so i thought id share them :) There still are a fair few more to edit as well. They are closer up shots of will for his dance portfolio for his auditions in Melbourne. One day maybe he will make it big and have me to thank for making him look so good!


Tomorrow i have 2 studio shoots booked in, One with A samba/salsa dancer named Kate and one with Ash.S friend Sarah whos a birlesque dancer. I better get prepaired for a very long day!

3 comments:

  1. Me too I luuuuuurve the third one! looks awesome - works really well with the light pole framing him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your location work is coming along well. I'm glad to see a you're involving more of the environment, you are thinking about the composition more and lighting is well controlled. J

    ReplyDelete