I completed my Work Experience with ACP photographic studios in Sydney. It was such a fun amazing week. I loved the work environment, the people and the jobs!
I kept a diary which goes into more detail for the written report but here is just a quick run down on the type of jobs i got to do.
First day i got to sit in on the Australia's Next top model shoot for i think it was for NW, and i found out who the top 3 are already ;) It was great because i got to see how the photographers interact with the models, and how it all works. I sat with the photographers assistant and learnt a bit from him as well. The shoot took all day, with two photographers banging off shots in 2 massive studios, A lot of work.
The second day they were doing a shoot for the logies for TV week, with Natalie Bathingswaite (the dance host), a guy from packed to the rafters and a home and away guy. I also went on location with one of the photographers named Will to do a shoot at the RSPCA with Lincoln Lewis from Home and Away. That was very fun, not to meantion i got a kiss and a hug at the end of the shoot from him.. Jealous much girls! :)
I went on a shoot with a photographer called Pablo who is only 18 and has been working at ACP since he was 16. It was a ralph shoot, girls pretending to be playboy bunnies, that was pretty funny! They had to use the side of my face for one shot in a pub because they were short a person. Not very exciting but still.
I helped out with product shoots for Grazia and Dolly, just make up, products and clothes. I also helped out on a cookbook for womens weekly and ot to eat the yummy food after.
The last day was quite interesting, i helped set up for a massive Dolly shoot with the photographer Paul and his assistant Jeremy. That was good because i got to learn how to set up different lights and equipment. Then i went on location to a rainforest which was in the middle of a park in sydney. It was beautiful but a hike and a half to get there with all our equipment. It was a mens fashion shoot for FHM for a feature on hoodies. I cant wait to see the shot. Its all the same model in 10 differnt locations on a bridge with 10 different outfits and they put them together to make the one image. VERY hard and interesting to help out with.
All week i learnt SO much. It was such a good week. I also went and saw Ella who did third year last year. She loves it there and just started her Cadettship so now shes going to be able to shoot.
I think i left a good impression on everyone there, they are even going to write me a reference for my resume which they said they never do for anyone else. They said i really helped alot more and got to do more than most of the people doing work placement which was a good thing :) I am going to try and get another week of work expereicene because i loved it!!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment