Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Updates

I had my first location shoot last Saturday, first shoot so i wasn't expecting everything to go fabulously!
It was organized with a tuggeranong ballet studio. I hadn't seen the studio room before the shoot, so i didn't know what i was in for.
It was a horrible looking bricked wall room, with no windows to give me any daylight and they had these TERRIBLE fluro lights on the wall.

The class were very friendly and the teacher was very helpful. They let me sit in on their class for the entire hour and take as many photos as i liked as they were practicing their eisteddfod dances. I also got a few little ballerinas for my studio shoots that seemed pretty keen, the only problem is that they all live south side, they all have ballet class EVERY afternoon and night, they all go to school during the day so i don't think their parents would appreciate me stealing them from their education! I don't know when i'm going to be able to shoot them in the studio!

I was shooting at a slower speed and had a wide aperture mainly due to the terrible lighting conditions but i wanted to show movement in the photos. Im not using flash for these 'Degas' style images either.

They aren't what i envisioned exactly but i think it was a good experience to make me realize what i have as visions in my head isn't always is going to happen, and sometimes you just have to try to make it work.

I'm still in the process of converting them. In the mean time, i have a shoot in the studio with the lovely Georgia on Friday and 2 of her friends to attempt movement shots on the cyc. I also have a dance performance to shoot that night in Civic, Garema Place. If anyone's free to come along you should! Kulture Break are an amazing group, im sure you wont be diapointed! They have been the most helpful group, they are even letting me come along and shoot the hip hop championships that are being held at the Vikings Club next Thursday! Very Exctied!

I am hoping that all of my photos will be ready for Checkpoint next Wednesday.. ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment