Monday, February 23, 2009

Wooo first entry!

I don't know how great I'm going to be at remembering about this blog business... but ill give it my best shot!

Work experience has been a little bit tough to get a magazine to contact me back by email.. I found out that the trick is to call them and straight away your in with a shot!!
After emailing over 25 magazines i heard back from 4 who all said that they don't offer and work experience to do with photography only editorial work.

I made two phone calls and both times i was offered work placement!!

After calling my first preference Yen magazine, i was put through straight away to the head of design and she was very helpful! She said that i would be able to complete work experience in the design department after they have finished issue 38!!

The next place i tried was ACP magazines, i got put through to the photography department and the lady said that she would be more than happy to have me for work placement!!
So the moral to this story kids is... U WONT GET ANYWHERE WITH EMAILS!! By calling and harassing them is the only way that i found works... :)

http://www.acpmagazines.com.au/

http://www.yenmag.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment